Seal in GAP Ad

by CDW Contributor Kelly on November 7th, 2006

in -Promotions, Seal

seal_gapad.jpg

What can we say, we’re a sucker for cute pups and Seal and this GAP ad for their “hood” campaign has both. Love it!

Update: After much speculation (and wrong info given to us by a GAP representative from the Marketing Dept), it’s been confirmed that the pup Seal is holding is a French Mastiff, or, Dogue de Bordeaux. Thanks everyone for asking what kind of dog this is, we now know more about dog breeds than we thought possible! :)

Laura November 13, 2006 at 3:23 pm

I am trying to find out what kind of dog this is!!! Does anyone know??? please email me at lmann@diablofunding.net .. thanks!!!

carla November 14, 2006 at 8:39 pm

what kind of dog is that??? if anyone knows, please email me at carslif@cs.com, thanks!!!!!

Amy November 15, 2006 at 9:38 am

Did anyone ever find out what type of puppy this was? Thanks! :)

tips November 15, 2006 at 10:06 am

Hi, Taj from CelebrityDogWatcher, we’re waiting for a rep from GAP to get back with us with an answer, I’ll respond as soon as I hear from him ;)

~Taj

tips November 15, 2006 at 5:44 pm

Just heard back from a rep at GAP, the dog is an English Mastiff. :)

Laura November 22, 2006 at 11:49 pm

This looks like a Dogue de Bordeaux, or French Mastiff. An English Mastiff would have a black mask. Here is a good site for specifics on any dog breed: hwww .dogbreedinfo.com/doguedebordeax.htm

Allison November 30, 2006 at 8:36 am

My family has raised English mastiffs and this isn’t a full bred mastiff. The coloring is not an English mastiff. Looks like a Dogue de Bordeux.

Alisha November 30, 2006 at 11:40 pm

OH MY GOSH!! I have spent all day trying to find out what kind of dog is in this ad. I don’t think it is an English Mastiff either. I have to know because I really want this dog or one that looks like it!

tips November 30, 2006 at 11:42 pm

I apologize we don’t have more info, we contacted a Gap representative in the press department and this is the information we were given.

Joanna December 4, 2006 at 11:55 am

I think it is a dogue de bordeaux also. that’s the first thought i had after seing it. My friend has one and I’ve seen a lot of them.

Gino December 8, 2006 at 1:00 pm

Its is a dogue de bordeaux ( french mastiff ). I have two of them. My female looked like that as a pup. She is a terror.

hakan December 23, 2006 at 3:52 pm

It looks like Chinese Shar-Pei…. I dont think it is French Mastiff

matt February 19, 2007 at 3:21 pm

It’s a dogue de bordeaux!!!!!!! I own two of them.

Saffron March 5, 2007 at 2:59 pm

Hey all, it is a dogue de bordeaux (french mastiff).

nikki March 12, 2007 at 2:07 pm

hi there this definatly a bogue de bordeux , i have one my self , there great big teddy bears, get one ur love it , but they r messy! but worth it x

jen March 20, 2007 at 4:20 pm

They are AWSOME dogs. If you are interested in owning one we have a beautiful liter of wrinkled face, douge de bordeaux puppies. They are 875.00 and shipping is available for 200.00. Contact me at wings-1974@hotmail.com for info!!

Shanna July 18, 2007 at 2:30 pm

It is a dogue de bordeaux!!! I have a 12 week old one, and a 1 yr old bullmastiff. My puppy looks just like this one.

UkGirl December 29, 2007 at 8:21 am

Yeah to me it looks like a Chinese Shar-Pei and something else… because the face is wrinkled like a Chinese Shar-Pei but the ears are long like another dog. So maybe it’s a mix between two dogs. :)

shar pei lover March 12, 2008 at 7:13 pm

I can definitely tell you that it is not a Shar-pei, having had some many of the different types or pei I recognise them any where including cross breeds. Its definitely a mastiff or similar but not a pei