Celebrity Yorkie Owners

by kevin on April 28th, 2011

in Yorkie

yorkie gisele

Lucky Yorkie

Yorkshire Terriers are probably the hottest little dog breed in Hollywood these days.

Although the toy breed was already en vogue back when Audrie Hepburn owed one, (named Mr. Famous) here’s a list of some present-day Yorkie-owned celebrities and their names:

• Anastacia (Name: Freak)
Tom Brady & Gisele Bundchen (Vida)
Kristin Cavallari (Rocco)
• Miley Cyrus (Roadie)
yorkieHilary Duff (Jack)
Carmen Electra (Daisy)
Missy Elliot (Poncho)
Alyson Hannigan (Zippy)
• Whitney Houston (Doogie)
• Lindsay Lohan (Dakota)
• Heather Locklear (Kitty)
• Jay Mohr (Yorkie name: Maibel)
• Kevin & Danielle Jonas (Riley)
• Donnie Osmond (Spike)
paris hilton yorkieNatalie Portman (Whiz)
Joan Rivers (Spike)
Emmy Rossum (Cinnamon)
• Liev Schreiber (Bob)
• Ivanka Trump (Tiger)
Miranda Kerr / Orlando Bloom (Frankie)
• Tara Reid (Stoli)
Molly Sims (Poupette)
Britney Spears (London)
Naomi Watts (Bob)
Paris Hilton (Cinderella)
• Phoebe Price (Harry)
Vanessa Williams (Enzo)
• Venus Williams (Veronica)

Did you know? Yorkies were originally bred in the 19th Century by mill owners in Yorkshire, England primarily to catch rats. (probably not a problem in Beverly Hills?) A Yorkie named Pasha ruled the Whitehouse with an iron paw during the Nixon years (owned by President Nixon’s daughter Tricia)

smallest yorkie

World's Smallest Dog

Eva Gabor’s character obeyed a Yorkie on Green Acres, and so did Sharpay in High School Musical 2. Although the original intent was for Toto in the Wizard of Oz to be a Yorkie, they used a Cairn Terrier instead.

For years the Guiness Book of World Records listed a Yorkie as the World’s Smallest Dog. (Although that title currently belongs to a Chihuahua.)

Celebrity Yorkie OwnersFamous Yorkie OwnersCelebrity Yorkie Names

Lorraine Robles April 29, 2011 at 12:44 pm

They are little but so cute. I love Missy Elliot dogs name “Poncho”!

New York Dog Nanny May 4, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Wonderful blog!! I can’t believe so many people have yorkies (and celebrities at that).

Lindsay May 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Man would I die if one of these Yorkie celebs showed up at our yorkie meetup group! LOL Chances slim since my playgroup is in Ohio. I’d love to hear from someone who did have a celeb yorkie in their playgroup!

EFT Tapping May 8, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I like Natalie Portman’s “whiz”. sounds fitting for such a cute dog.

Alfie from Alfie's Blog May 11, 2011 at 6:26 am

Let’s just say that Yorkies are not my favourite kind of dog to play with. They are so small they can sneak under your belly without you noticing it – and before you know it you have a growling Yorkie hanging off your neck and they’re impossible to wrestle off :-)

BonBonChihuahuas May 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm

These are super cute, a breed I would have if they weren’t so yippy. Our Chihuahuas aren’t yippy at all.

naganpets June 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm

i really love dogs.its so cute specially yorkies dog.thats why most celebrities want this dog.

Tara August 14, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I think Yorkies get a bad wrap for being yappy. My male yorkie is very quiet unless there’s a stranger at the door or something lurking in the yard at night (rabbits/skunks) & he’s pretty good at stopping when asked. I’ve been to plenty of yorkie breeders homes & never witnessed a yappy brood. Yorkies are a very loving and loyal breed.